[support] problems with .htaccess in a new installation.

KOBA | Hans Rossel hans.rossel at koba.be
Thu Oct 7 19:39:29 UTC 2010

Only bad hostings have problems with these lines. You should contact your
hosting to ask them why this does not work in their environment.

The .htaccess is always added. Don't remove the .htaccess, just comment with
# these lines if your hosting does not accept them. I'm not sure about the
security consequences of commenting these lines.

Hans

2010/10/7 Prekates Alexandros <aprekates at gmail.com>

> in installing drupal6 in a hosted site-sunos-apache, in some dirs like
> defaults/file a
> .htaccess was created ,with
>                  'SetHandler
> Drupal_Security_Do_Not_Remove_See_SA_2006_006' and
>                  'Options None'
>                  'Options +FollowSymLinks'
>
>  which resulted in not being able to see images there (like an uploaded
> logo). can i remove it?
> Does drupal probed the hosted served and assumed it was no safe so it
> added that file?
>
> alexander

Hans Rossel
KOBA Webdesign bvba