[support] Example of Book Page

John Saward john at also.com.au
Thu Sep 16 00:55:59 UTC 2010

My understanding is that the handbooks at drupal.org, including the example http://drupal.org/getting-started/before, are implemented via the books module. The book module is part of core Drupal and its purpose is listed as "Allows users to structure site pages in a hierarchy or outline."

So to answer your question, the example is a book page because the management of the links between the pages and the embedding of those links into the pages is handled by the books module.

When we create content of type 'book page' we are asking the book module to manage the links for us.

On 16/09/2010, at 10:40 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, John Saward wrote:
>
>> http://drupal.org/getting-started/before
>
>   Thanks, John.
>
>   Is that a book page rather than a page page because the links are embedded
> in the page itself rather than on a navigation menu along the side?
>
> Rich

======================
John Saward B.Sc.
Director and Problem Solver