[support] CAS plugin: SSL error in verifying ticket

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 08:40:04 UTC 2010

Hi list!

I'm setting up the drupal CAS plugin for the CAS authentication system.
Basically the Drupal plugin checks with curl to a server running CAS to
see if a ticket is valid. Which happens over ssl, and which fails. I'm
using self-signed cert, which works nicely, and I have put the PEM
certificate in the CAS module config box for "CAS PEM Certificate" on
Drupal.

There are 3 options.
* do not verify the certificate
* verify the server using PEM certificate
* verify the CA using PEM certificate

I use the second option and I feed Drupal the certificate that the CAS
server (Tomcat app speaking https) uses. I get an error in the
cas/drupal debug log:

CURL error #58: unable to set private key file: '/root/tomcat.pem'.

That's confusing because it obviously needs a *public* key file, no?