[support] Is Drupal Appropriate for Our Site?

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 14:16:48 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
> wrote:

> Jeez man - the guy wants to market his environmental compliance
> services, not  build wizzy interactive web sites.  It's about getting
> the right message across, in the most cost-effective way; not about
> bells and whistles.

It's not about bells and whistles, it's about educating ourselves to base
the functionality we create and propose to create for our clients upon best
practices.

It's not about the color of the stucco, it's about the foundations.

" I'll add new newsletters or
white papers to the documents.shtml page, but that's about it. I would like
to add polls, a form-based e-mail capability for those who prefer to ask for
information that way rather than via regular e-mail, and -- perhaps -- the
ability to comment on issues raised in newsletters and white papers"

This justifies Drupal perfectly, but more important than which CMS framework
you use, or even if you hand-craft it, is respect for the 40% changes in
these requirements that will occur before the site is finished, and respect
for best practices to be observed in all that we do, and the belief that in
order to do this, we need to be involved in the community around the tools
we use.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar
http://projectflowandtracker.com