[support] Is Drupal Appropriate for Our Site?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 25 15:08:18 UTC 2010

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010, Cory Gilliam wrote:

> The flexibility that drupal can bring to your web presents is tremendous.

Cory,

   This is why I decided to take a very close look at drupal.

> If you want a way to know more about Drupal, so you can decide for
> yourself, check out www.lynda.com. This is where I found Drupal, and I was
> hooked. They have 3 video training courses on Drupal. Drupal 6 Essential
> Training<http://www.lynda.com/home/DisplayCourseNoTabs.aspx?lpk2=620>is
> the first one.  After watching it, you should be able to decide if Drupal
> is for you, and if you want to build the site yourself.

   I'll definitely do this. I'm used to building my own tools and having
control over the tools I use. Most of my writing is done with LaTeX in
emacs, vector graphics are written with PSTricks, and I much prefer the CLI
to GUIs. While I'm not a fan of web-based apps I know that's where many are
headed so I use them, too.

Thanks,

Rich