[support] displaying imported images

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue Sep 28 23:38:29 UTC 2010

  Following O'Reilly 'Using Drupal' chapter 7 the book is painfully
short on answers to these questions, I think because it is for an
earlier Drupal version and many of the boo displays are not the same as
on screen.

Required modules are selected.
I have imported several images into Drupal6.19
I have set up a number of galleries and taxonomy terms
In content - photos are published
Have a view - Photo Gallery
have Fields-content:Photos & Images
Filters Node :published
Node Type: image in photo
Added page display Style:Gallery Path: gallery

How do I get the images to display in a view?

All I get is 10 titles - Photos& Images:

Create Content: Photo the Browse selector Photos & Images  finds the
images in my hard drive folder, not the imported images. How can I point
it to the imported images?
The Gallery drop down shows all the galleries. How do I get the imported
images into their respective galleries?

I do not want the images on the front page but on a new page but can't
find the node reference for the special page, where does one find the
node references for content and pages?

Is there a tutorial on how to do all this for Drupal 6.19?

thanks in advance
Roger