[support] Retrieving View via Ajax

Don donald at fane.com
Mon Apr 4 21:07:17 UTC 2011

Hi,
I have a node whose main content area needs to be replaced by the output
of a View depending on the selection clicked on. This will be done with
a jquery call.
I configured the View as a page with a view right now, but I don't see
anything that would give me just the html of the View, not the
surrounding page html. An RSS feed doesn't seem to make sense, because I
couldn't format the html around the results.

My thoughts are that I could retrieve the View results as html and just
create a new node within the container node right now, but I'm not quite
sure of how to get the stripped View results.

Drupal 6.

Any ideas to get me started?