[support] Setting content types to roles

prothero prothero at geol.ucsb.edu
Sun Apr 10 20:59:42 UTC 2011

This should be easy, but I don't see how to do it.
I am in Drupal 6.20. I'm trying to set some content types viewable
only by specific roles. I created a content type, let's call it
privateContent. Then I go to permissions, but all I see is "access
content" for the various roles. I see the permissions for editing,
etc, but not individual selection for the various roles, for viewing.
What do I need to do?

Also: I want one of the primary  menu items to be viewable only by my
new "privateContent" role.
Advice will be much appreciated.
Bill

William A. Prothero