[support] Mail Problem on Drupal 7

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 16 22:06:41 UTC 2011

Check your maillog and see if you are seeing something similar to this:

reason: 554- (RTR:BB)

In the failed emails. AOL and a lot of other ISPs are notorious for
blacklisting IP addresses.  Here's a page describing it:

http://postmaster.aol.com/Postmaster.Errors.php

Also you need to make sure your domain is properly sent. A sure fire way
to get blacklisted is to not have rDNS properly set up on your server.

You can also check your server on this site to see if it is blacklisted
too. It's not 100%, but it will give you an idea:

http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net