[support] Drupal 7 Entities: Display a list of type group

Buratino x9nx at mail.ru
Wed Aug 24 09:14:07 UTC 2011

I have read the tutorial, and the API, looked through the code examples.
But when it came down to implementation it didn't work as i thought it would.
Please help. I am trying to avoid using the Views module for now, just for learning purposes.
function mymodule_menu() {

  $items['groups'] = array(
    'title' => t('Groups list'),
    'page callback' => 'mymodule_groups_overview',
    'access callback' => TRUE
  );

  return $items;
}

function mymodule_groups_overview()
{
    $build = array();

    $query = db_select('og', 'og')->extend('PagerDefault');
    $query->fields('og', array('gid'));

    $result = $query
    ->limit(10)
    ->orderBy('og.gid')
    ->execute();

    if( $result )
    {
        $gids = $result->fetchCol();

        $entities = og_load_multiple($gids);

        $build = entity_view('group', $entities, 'teaser');
    }

    return $build;
}
The problem is that entity_view(..) returns nothing, and og_load_multiple(..) returns array of entities but there is no content and no fields.
If this worked, i would probably override the controller, with clans_pages_entity_info_alter(..), and added a new view mode 'list'.
Can someone please share a working code for displaying a list of entities with a pager? Thanks.
P.S. I took the groups for example but i dont mind any other type of entities.

--
Современная мобильная почта - для смартфонов и телефонов.
Оцените мобильный m.mail.ru с Вашего телефона