[support] array returning language list in drupal core?

Marco Lechner - IMR lechner at webgis.de
Wed Aug 24 18:48:32 UTC 2011

Hi Havran,

thnx for this hint, but it's not what I was looking for. I didn't look
for a list of set up languages but a "complete" list of available
languages including those that could be set up. I found something in
iso.inc [1]. But later on it came out that I need the list compliant to
iso639-2 [2] and therefore had to write my own php-class providing those
by parsing the available txt-file [3].

I'm describing this in setail, for it might help anybody having similar
needs.

Best regards (especially to my beloved slovakia)

Marco

[1] http://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/includes--iso.inc/7/source
[2] http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php
[3] http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/ascii_8bits.html