[support] I have a new version of drupal 6.22 on another box which is ready for installation. Can I just point this new version of drupal to this newly restored postgres database and if so how would I do this?

Marty Landman mlandman at face2interface.com
Thu Aug 25 17:55:00 UTC 2011

John,

You can go through the /sites/default/settings.php file, look for the
db_url variable. There should be comments above that line explaining
the syntax, it's straightforward.

Alternatively if I'm understanding you correctly you've got a new
Drupal installation which you'd like to point to a copy of a
populated database. You could just go through the initialization screens.

Hope this helps and that I'm not misinterpreting something here.

Marty