[support] drupal 5 export nodes

Marty Landman mlandman at face2interface.com
Fri Aug 26 17:09:58 UTC 2011

Jim,

I had about 10,000 nodes of a variety of content types in D5 that I
had to import to a D6 site with redefined content types. What I ended
up doing was writing custom code in PHP to extract the data as TSV
files, and then used node_import on the D6 side. It was still an
involved and time consuming process but worked pretty well that way.
Saved tons of time over manual data input for the kind of volume I
had to deal with.

hth,
Marty