[support] Differenciating dev and prod site

Buratino x9nx at mail.ru
Sun Aug 28 17:08:19 UTC 2011

28 августа 2011, 20:57 от Sébastien Hinderer <Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org>:

Dear all,

I'm administrating a site for which I run several development version:
one private on my laptop, just for me, one also on the same machine as
the production version, for public testing...

I'm wondering whether you guys know a way to show something on the pages
that make it clear that one is browsing a dev version rather than the
production site.
The algorithm could be something like this:
if ip=PROD_IP and vhost=PROD_VHOST
then production site
else dev site

So the feature should require no database change, so that the different
versions of the site can be differenciated from each other even after a
database synchronisation.
Any suggestion warmly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sebastien.