[support] newbie search issue

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Thu Dec 1 03:35:44 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've got a fresh Ubuntu 10.4 install with drupal 7.9. I have enabled
search in the default theme, Bartik, and put in one basic page and run
cron. When I am logged in as administrator the search window I expect
shows up on the left top just as I expect and works fine. When I am
logged in as a non-admin user I get no search, i.e., search is not
visible as an option. Likewise when I am not logged in.

I want people to be able to search for the site's content easily and
would ideally like, in order:

to have every site visitor be able to search without necessarily being
logged in

or at least

to have the logged in non-admin user be able to search

I've been over the settings and have the feeling I'm missing something
obvious, but it clearly isn't obvious enough.

Suggestions? stuff to read? will RTFM in a pinch....

Dave

--
It is told that such are the aerodynamics and wing loading of the
bumblebee that, in principle, it cannot fly...if all this be

-- John Kenneth Galbraith, in American Capitalism: The Concept of
Countervailing Power