[support] pondering solutions to [node:field_file] not working with in rules module

Jim Ruby jim at v-community.com
Mon Dec 5 22:36:42 UTC 2011

I'm just wondering if any of you have had this problem. I am having an email
sent when new content is created and the node:field_file token is not
working.

[node:field_file]  just returns nothing and there is a file attach to the
content type.
 I am using it in views to link to the file as [field_file] and that works
fine, when I try just [field_file] in the rules module it just prints out
[field_file] in my email.

I've done so many searches on this I'm turning blue. I findly posted in the
rules issue for support. But I'm wondering would this be a token or rules
problem?

I am also trying to inclose links in <> so outlook will not split them but
when I do <[node:url]> it stops working

I'm at a loss here.

Follow me on:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/1rubytweets