[support] How to parse files using Drupal 7, Search API and Tika?

Liviu Nicolicioiu liviu.nicolicioiu at epoint.ro
Fri Dec 9 09:46:09 UTC 2011

First, your create text for index: extract text from files using any
mechanism(use a unique words filter, and small word 3 char, will
reduce the text content): tika, unix shell command, etc
second action is to attach the files text to node, to be indexed by
the drupal search index (cck or directly in body).
After that you can user Solr or sphinx or other extra index storage,
and I think a custom solution is betten than
a lot of installed modules.

Liviu.