[support] Speaker Bookings

steve rieger stever at up-south.com
Wed Dec 28 21:45:07 UTC 2011

i looked into this as well, and invested heavily in being able to
perform this functionality. In short what you are trying to do is allow
the public to reserve a resource (time slot) that is backed by an asset
(speaker) this is the exact opposite than what ubercart will do as uc
allows one to purchase an asset only. it can be done, and lots of people
are asking for this, I am in the process of writing a fully functioning
module that will do this, but it is still a few months out.

here is a perfect example of somebody doing the same exact (though their
captcha seems to be broken
http://www.beauty-indulgence.com.au/make-booking

here are some other notes
http://drupal.org/project/planyo_reservation_system
This is hosted off site and is subscription based, the features are
severly lacking and it looks like crap

http://drupal.org/project/uc_hotel
didnt get to see or test it out, but this seems to be the one that most
folks speak about on various forums

http://drupal.org/project/simple_reservation
again, cant test/see it, but its out there

http://drupal.org/project/rooms
all it says is coming soon, built for drupal 7, so no idea what the
functionality or look/feel will be like

http://drupal.org/project/agreservations
no info, but their description looks like it will fulfill a decent part
of the reqs