[support] URL aliases, nodes, and Google Analytics...

Luciano Rossi lukio at gcoop.coop
Fri Feb 4 11:23:46 UTC 2011

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:05:08 +1100 (EST), Lev Lafayette <lev at vpac.org>
wrote:
> Hello Drupalites,
>
> Apart from writing my own code, I was wondering if anyone out there
> knows of a module or equivalent that aggregates URL aliases and nodes
> for Google analytics.
>
> For example, our Google analytics report will list a number of hits
> to /node/180 and some others to /tutorials/abaqus (a tutorial). These
> are the same page, but Google analytics shows them as separate pages.

Hi Lev,

Checkout globalredirection module.

http://drupal.org/project/globalredirect

"""
Once enabled, an alias provides a nice clean URL for a path on a site.
However Drupal does not remove the old path (eg node/1234). The problem
is that you now have two URLs representing the same content. This is
dangerous territory for duplicate pages which can get you sandboxed by
the search engines!
"""

Cheers,

--