[support] Select different theme

adept techlists - kazar techlists at ade.pt
Mon Feb 7 14:28:05 UTC 2011

On 2/7/11 9:21 AM, adept techlists - kazar wrote:
> On 2/6/11 10:59 PM, Carl Wiedemann wrote:
>> I'm not sure if this has changed in Drupal 7, but in Drupal 6, users
>> need the permission "administer site configuration" in order to access
>> the path admin/build/themes.
> just tested. Very strange that one must be allowed to administer all
> sub-items of site configuration in order to change the theme which is
> under site building.
>
> That one checkbox allows the role to do *everything* in site
> configuration, which is not what Leonard is looking for.
>
> And then why is there a separate permission to "select different theme"
> under System Module in permissions? If I check the "administer site
> configuration" permission and /uncheck/ "select different theme" the
> user can still change&  configure the site-wide theme.
>
> "huh?@!"

furthermore, it seems the option to allow a user to change the theme on
the account level is now missing (i'm still on  6.19). see att'd
screenshot of an account page (the theme is Abarre but i tested with
other themes applied site-wide and there still is no button or link to
change the theme on the user's account page)

kazar