[support] Creating Nodes without Node Admin?

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Wed Feb 9 00:36:48 UTC 2011

I have a D6 site where a certain role should be able to create content
profile nodes.

I am using Content Permissions, and Taxonomy Access Control Lite.
Tac_lite should not be in the way, as the only vocabulary in use on one of
my two content profile types, is not one effected by tac_lite.

I want users of the "staff" role to be able to create nodes of two content
types which are flagged as content profile types.

However, just selecting create and edit permissions for that role on those
types, does nothing when I view a user.  However, enabling Administer
Nodes permission for that role, causes the create links for those content
types to appear on each user page as viewed by that role.

My question is: is granting administer nodes the only way to make this
happen?

I would really rather this role not be able to change published status,
revision options, and so on.

I found all kinds of similar problems on google, but many were from 2009
and earlier, and many also went unanswered, although some had twisty
solutions that are hopefully not necessary any more.

Any solutions for this?

Regards,

Luke