[support] db password change

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 10 13:22:49 UTC 2011

For the record 644 is a better mode for settings.php than 755.  You
don't want someone trying to execute the file as a script.  When
creating a new site all you need to do in the sites/mysite directory is
create an empty settings.php file (cd sites/mysite && touch
settings.php).  The default.settings.php file in the sites/default
directory is for Drupal to use for default values and to validate a
correct structure.

HTH,
Earnie

Ayath ULLAH wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've found this from the officail docs and there are some discussuins underneath the article.
>
> http://drupal.org/documentation/install/settings-file
>

> Kind regards,
> Ayath
>

>> Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 18:40:30 -0500
>> To: support at drupal.org
>> From: mlandman at face2interface.com
>> Subject: Re: [support] db password change
>>
>> At 06:15 PM 2/9/2011, Ayath ULLAH wrote:
>>
>>> * make sure that you have access to write/edit/modify the
>>> settings.php file (chmod it 744 for while editing)-Drupal
>>> automatically changes back the perms to default on each page refresh.
>>
>> Ayath,
>>
>> When first looking at it I thought the perms were wrong - 755 - and
>> changed them to 644. Can you point me a discussion explaining the ins
>> and outs of this? This is a live site, new to me, and I am treading
>> lightly at this point. FWIW site seems to be running fine now with
>> the settings.php file at 644.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Marty
>>
>> --