[support] Does Drupal Run in 64 bit Ubuntu Linux Machine

Rolf Kutz rk at vzsze.de
Fri Feb 11 10:51:55 UTC 2011

On 11/02/11 12:43 +0530, Kamal Palei wrote:
>My machine's hardware profiles are -
>1. CPU intel core *i5* 650 boxed 3.2 ghz socket 1156
>2. MB intel P55 Chipset *DH55P* J Boxed
>3. HDD WD SATA 2Tb 64MB cache

No Network?

>With above hardware profile, and Ubuntu 10.04 (*64 bit*) linux environment,
>I am planning to install Drupal6/7.
>If somebody has already done it , please share if you faced any problems.

Should be no problems with that hardware.

>Also in a 64 bit ubuntu linux machine, which webserver is recommonded.
>I found some people using XAMPP. Is it the best one or you have someother
>recommondations.
>Load on web server will be high, at high load, I am looking for high
>performing webserver.

There can't be a serious recommendation without
looking at the site(s) in question. Before you
change the webserver there are usually many other
things to tweek that improve performance. Since
you ask all the above question, stick with Apache.
It usually works flawless. YMMV.

regards
Rolf

--
... Vanity asks the question, 'Is it popular?' ...