[support] hardcoded links in menu

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Sun Feb 13 02:32:25 UTC 2011

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011, Marty Landman wrote:

> Working on a website where dozens of links have been hardcoded. This
> is causing a problem because someone logged onto marty.com may
> inadvertently click a link for www.marty.com, or vice versa, and gets
> an access denied message.
>
> Now my first question is, is this normal Drupal behavior, or is there
> a place for me to specify something presumably with how cookies are
> set to make this not even be a problem? Or is it not even Drupal,
> just the way cookies work? I'm assuming that cookies are the root
> cause of the access denied issue.

There is something about this in settings.php
(sites/default/settings.php).  Search for "base url", or check around line
108 or so.

One way I have handled this issue, is to create an apache virtual host for
"www.site.com", which just contains a rewriterule to "site.com", and
passes any elements passed in the URL, such that "www.site.com/node/45"
redirects to "site.com/node/45".
That has worked well, but it results in more redirects than you probably
want, so better to solve the overall problem.

Regards,

Luke