[support] Setting an error page.

Eric Sepich sepich.eric at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 03:18:02 UTC 2011

On 02/13/2011 07:13 PM, "Roberto Gorjão" wrote:
> http://drupal.org/node/15366
>
> HTH,
>
> Roberto
>
> On Sun, February 13, 2011 3:17 pm, Eric Sepich wrote:
>> I am trying to set a custom error page. My first attempt was to use the
>> administration menu and navigate to configuration->site information.
>> There is a box where I can enter a URL for a 403&  404 error page and it
>> starts me with a static string http://www.sepsserver.com/drupal/. So I
>> created a file here http://www.sepsserver.com/error.html and set the
>> proper permissions for it like this: chmod 774 error.html. Now I set my
>> 403&  404 error to navigate to
>> http://www.sepsserver.com/drupal/error.html and I get an error:
>>
>> The file error.html does not exist or you do not have permission to
>> access it.
>>
>> Well that's crap. There is a file and I do have permissions set to
>> access it. In addition I have also tried using a node which does not
>> work either because my anonymous users do not have permissions to view
>> content which is exactly what I want.
>> --

Yes I read that article and followed the directions a while ago. The
page I specify does not display when I am logged out and viewing as an
anonymous user because I have anonymous users blocked from viewing
content I think. Without changing the permissions for anonymous users
can I get my 403 & 404 node to display? I've researched and installed
the customError module also but that is a whole new story for another
time I think.