[support] Anonymous users access to some files and all nodes

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Tue Feb 15 20:04:07 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, Michelle Ziegmann wrote:

[relates to D6]

> If for a particular node, you want to say that anon users can or can't
> access all of the files attached to that node, then Taxonomy Access
> Control should handle this (http://drupal.org/project/taxonomy_access).

Should it?  I have looked at that and tac_lite, but they seem concerned
with managing access to nodes (in fact I have used tac_lite for this
previously), not specific CCK fields (filefields in this case).

The user should see the node, but if he wants the attached file, he needs
to log in or register.

In other words: I need exactly what taxonomy_access would do, but at the
individual field level, not the node level.

Am I missing a capability of taxonomy_access?  My only knowledge of it
comes from its d.o description.

Thanks

Luke