[support] Anonymous users access to some files and all nodes

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Tue Feb 15 22:07:33 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, Ted wrote:

> Don't miss Michelle's second recommendation here: create two file fields.

The only problem with that, is the inability to change the status of a
file later.

A secondary problem is that there are already several file fields per node
[potentially; the organization has just requested that new twist today],
so I would have to duplicate each of them, and at that point it would be
easier to just use two identical content types divided by access rights.

I think I'm going to have to do this with several views.
One for looking at an individual node, and others for various kinds of
searching.  Not sure what I'll have to do for editing nodes in that setup.

Luke