[support] searching for node references

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 05:50:55 UTC 2011

On 13/02/11 11:31, andy baxter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using drupal 7 for a site which will carry local news, events,
> group and venue listings, and reviews. I have been thinking about how to
> make links between different content items on the site. E.g. an event
> should link to its venue and to any groups or artists who are performing
> or organising the event.

I've been thinking a bit more about how to do this, and what I want to
do is to create a taxonomy relating to the 'listing' content type, where
every term in the taxonomy has the same name as the node title, and
there is an added field which is a node reference to the given node.
Then I can link nodes in different content types such as event to
listings by including a free tagging field using that taxonomy.

To do this, I think I'm going to have to write some code which
automatically creates the right taxonomy term when a new node is added
to the database, or if the node title is changed. Is there an easy way
of doing this, or am I going to have to write a full blown module? If I
do have to write a module, can anyone give me an idea of how I would go
about doing this?

thanks,

andy baxter