[support] Panels, views and arguments

Joel Willers joel.willers at sigler.com
Wed Feb 16 20:45:13 UTC 2011

I thought I had this one beat, but I’m afraid I can’t get it to work.  I am creating a page that have a complex data structure.  There is a parent content type and two children content types.  While viewing child A, I want to be able to link have the nid of Child B.

I created a context view that, when passed the argument of the nid of child A, it returns the nid of the parent.  I then created a view that I inserted into a panel, trying to use that context view as an argument, that, when passed the parent’s nid, returns the nid of the child B.

This gave me no results.

There seems to be a difference between the panel’s arguments and views contexts.  Any suggestions?

Joel