[support] moving Drupal 6 web site issue

James R Stone fndtn357 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 15:31:22 UTC 2011

I have moved sites before this problem, but have never experienced this; I
could use some troubleshooting advice.

I moved my domain from one hosting service (GoDaddy) to a new hosting
service (HotDrupal).

This works fine.

I moved my website from one hosting service (Hostgator) to a new hosting
service (HotDrupal).

   - I created a new database and a sub-domain called "ported.mywebsite.com"
   inside of "mywebsite.com/sites".
   - I ran an import to the new database with the original website's data.
   - I moved all of the files, from the original website, into the new
   sub-domain directory.
   - The settings.php file did not need to be modified except for changing
   localhost to "127.0.0.1".

> Everything works fine and I was able to log in as /user/1 and work on the
> website at "ported.mywebsite.com".

** This is where the problem happens.

   - I moved my website from "ported.mywebsite.com" to "mywebsite.com" on
   the server ("mywebsite.com" is the domain and "ported.mywebsite.com" is a
   sub-domain).
   - I ran an import to the database with "ported.mywebsite.com's" data.
   - I moved the "sites" directory from "ported.mywebsite.com" replacing "
   mywebsite.com's" sites directory.

I can no longer log in as /user/1.

   - I told the Drupal application that I could not remember the password
   and it emailed me a one time log in that did not work.
   - I modified the password from phpmyadmin by creating a new one and
   adding MD5 hash. I cannot log in.
   - I changed a user's rid to administrator (a role I gave all permissions
   to) and logged in with that username but I was unable to login to the
   administration menu (even thought it is one of the allowed permissions
   within the admin role I created).

Some pertinent (?) information
Old       cPanel Version 11.28.83 | Apache version 2.2.17 | PHP version
5.2.15 | MySQL version 5.1.52
New     cPanel Version 11.28.76 | Apache version 2.2.16 | PHP version 5.2.14
| MySQL version 5.0.91-50-log

.htaccess looks okay.
settings.php looks okay.

--
Best Regards,
James R Stone
fndtn357 at gmail.com

"The skill of coding is to create a context in which other people can
contribute."