[support] Few basic stuff about Drupal...

Afan Pasalic afan at afan.net
Mon Jan 10 05:33:37 UTC 2011

Hi,
I have to fix friends drupal website, somebody else started (and messed
up). I'm drupal newbie too but this will be great way to learn
something. it's really basic website. the prev guy used blog as content
type to put news. he didn't figure out how to have last e.g. 5 artikles
(news) on font page and on the News page have titles and teasers.
now,
1. is it easy to switch nodes made with blog content type to simple
story cont. type? (no View module involved)
2. I was google-ing for this but all I found was to complicated, complex
to me and/or something I have to modify (?!?): how simply have 5 latest
stories (or other content type if I have to create) on front page, in
content area with title, date posted, posted by and short "introduction"

p.s. if somebody knows a "explain to me like I'm 4" tutorial about Views
please provide me the link :-)

Thanks