[support] Backup and Synchronisation

Davide Mirtillo davide at ser-tec.org
Wed Jan 19 11:26:51 UTC 2011

Il 18/01/2011 21:02, Ayath ULLAH ha scritto:

> 1) I'd like to backup my Drupal site with all mysql tables and files on
> a regualr basis and have it saved on another webhosting account.
>     Is their a way to automate this with a module or with a third party
> service.
> This is to that if one of my web hosts go down I can just change my IP
> to point to another without losing visitors.

If your website is on a VPS or on a dedicated machine you can do all
kinds of backups with bash scripts and crontab.

I don't know about shared web hosting though. Some provide daily
backups, some don't, so it really is on a per-host basis. You might get
lucky if you find a module that does backups of your drupal install and
archives them. Try and have a look around :)

--
Davide Mirtillo
EV Network, Via Emilio Salgari 14/e