[support] custom views urls and 'access administration pages' clash???

Sharon Knieper shakniep at umich.edu
Tue Jan 25 22:53:44 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have an oddity that I need explained to me. I made a custom menu
with links to various custom views. The views urls begin like this:
mysite/admin/registrations/%
The view arg(2) value is a node id argument and the default value
'all' displays all values. I created a menu item called 'current
registrations' mapped to 'mysite/admin/registrations/all'. In the
custom menu this link failed to appear unless the user has the 'access
administration pages' permission. I assume it has something to do with
the fact that I used 'admin' as my first argument. However, other
links that have an additional argument after the wildcard DO appear
for those without the permission. So
'mysite/admin/registrations/all/past' DOES appear for those without
the permission. Side note: There are no permission restrictions on the
view.

Can someone explain to me what is going on here? Thanks!
Sharon