[support] avoid displaying start-end dates in announcements module

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Sat Jan 29 12:03:19 UTC 2011

Hello

I'm using the announcements module in D6.

I have a homepage view which is basically the default frontpage sample
view, which displays new posts to the site much like the default homepage.

Announcements posted through the announcements content type show up like
this on that view:

Announcing 2011 Domain Pricing
Sat, 01/01/2011 - 00:30 -- admin
Starting January 1, 2011 - Ending December 31, 2011
We are continuing our better-than-the-competition domain pricing from the
4th quarter of 2010. INCLUDES OUR THREE PERCENT DISCOUNT ON ALL DOMAIN
TRANSFERS!

I would like to make the "starting...- Ending..." line go away.

I have tried changing the various abstract functions in the module, to
preg_replace that line out of existence, but it seems to be ineffective.
I'm guessing that the reason is that the view is pulling this content
directly from the node body in the DB.

I do not much object to the starting-ending dates being shown on full
announcement nodes, but I don't want them showing up on the frontpage.

What might be the most effective way to cause these lines to vanish?

Thanks

Luke