[support] Couple of questions about calendar module

Mark Syms mark at marksyms.me.uk
Mon Jan 31 19:01:51 UTC 2011

Hi, hope somebody can help me, been tearing my hair out.

I've been trying to build a calendar view for a specific and non-movable
month that will show nodes of a selected type and display them based on
the embedded CCK date field in the node.

Once I've got that I then want a second node type that is a descendant
of the current node.

The reason for all this? I'm trying to put together a list of
destinations and the events/activities that will happen at those
locations for our honeymoon later this year. So the start/end times in
the ancestor destination nodes will appear in the main calendar which
then links to the display for the destination node which will include
all the activities. I think this bit is probably easy and just needs a
set of node references into the content of the node. Or is there a more
sophisticated way of doing it with a view to show all the descendant
nodes for this node?

I've tried Googling and searching Drupal.org for this but without much
success and fiddling with the view settings has just resulted in an error,

"The Date argument in this view must be set up to provide a default
value set to the current date. Edit the argument, find 'Action to take
if argument is not present.', choose 'Provide default argument', then
select 'Current date'."

Which If I read it right is saying that I must make the parameter
"current date" which is the opposite to what I want.

Thanks for any help,

mark.