[support] Trouble Ticketing in Drupal

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 1 16:44:34 UTC 2011

Fred Jones wrote:
> I am looking for a Trouble Ticket module like most webhosts have--the
> client logs in, makes a ticket and then the staff is alerted via email
> and can fix the problem, update and close the ticket and the client is
> notified.
>
> OpenAtrium works like this BUT you have to manually create a private
> group for each client, otherwise all tickets are public.
>
> There is this comparison page http://groups.drupal.org/node/17948
>
> but the data there is a bit sparse. These look like the top two:
>
> http://drupal.org/project/support 1324 sites currently report using this
> http://drupal.org/project/casetracker 3715 sites currently report using this
>
> While "casetracker" has more sites, "support" seems a bit more active,
> with the last commit 2 days ago (and 2 weeks ago for the other
> develoer) whereas casetracker was 25 weeks ago.
>
> Anyhow before I download and experiment with these two, any thoughts
> or feedback or experiences people have had with these, or other tools?
> I would consider a third party tool like OTRS but I prefer Drupal, if
> the requirements can be met.

I suppose that depends on how soon you want D7 and how much you're
willing to do the D7 conversion.  When I looked some time ago,
casetracker at the time, was my choice.  If IIRC, it started with the
code from project issue and added to it.  Project and project issue are
of course what the d.o/project/issues pages are using.

--
Earnie
-- http://progw.com