[support] Advise for new website

Joe Java cop3252 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 18:23:58 UTC 2011

Hello Dave

    We hope to do this website with open source code only.
It is not the monetary concern but the license problems.

When we complete a project, we want to split the website
up and give our customer a copy of the website with their
project in it.

By contractual agreements, all documents and project

information is given to the customer at the end of a project.

Our customers will hold on to their documents for decades.
Propriety software means our customer will need to get a

license, probably many so that they can share between

departments, etc.

We want an open source website so we can give protects to

our customers (including ALL the source code) that they can
freely copy and share.
Software licenses are a big hassle.  Even when we buy the code,
making modifications and sharing with our customers is not
allowed.

      Joe