[support] Drupal 7 on Fedora 14

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 3 22:37:07 UTC 2011

On fedora, your Apache configuration is in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.

>From the command line, do a:

dig localhost

And see if it comes back to 127.0.0.1. If not, then edit /etc/hosts and add:

127.0.0.1      localhost

Depending on your browser, you might have to clear the cache. Firefox is
pretty bad at DNS caching. There is a plugin for Firefox where you can
click and clear it.

You can also add VirtualHosts to your httpd.conf. There's examples at
the bottom of httpd.conf showing you how. Generally on all
Fedora/RHEL/CentOS servers, I usually host everything out of /srv/www,
so I have a structure like this:

/srv/www/mysite.com/pubilc_html
/srv/www/mystie.com/logs

That keeps everything nice and separated.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net