[support] Paypal IPN required ?

Amit Karpe amitkarpe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 04:53:21 UTC 2011

Dear All,
I am configuring Ubercart with paypal as payment method. While reading
online forums I understand that there not need to configure IPN.
So my question is how I confirm whether my oder is pending or completed ? As
of now my order status (after shopping completed)  is Pending.
Though customer can received mail with account's details (user/pass) and
user can login and can check order status ( which is pending ). If I changed
that manually from Pending to Completed then only it assign Roles to the
customer.
I have tested both payment methods: WPS & Paypal Pro.
I am using Drupal 6.22 and ubercart-6.x-2.4.

--
Regards
Amit Karpe.