[support] Effort to support a mobile version of a site

Neil Adair neiltadair at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 01:19:12 UTC 2011

I've used Mobile Tools http://drupal.org/project/mobile_tools and Adaptive
Theme Mobile http://drupal.org/project/adaptivetheme_mobile with success. I
used the sub domain configuration with eg. http://m.example.com which worked
like a charm. You don't need to create a site (or settings.php etc.) for the
m. sub domain just point it at the same directory.

Effort will be mainly a function of content as you will want to arrange
blocks and menus differently for the main and mobile sites. I found it
useful to use Primary menu only for the main site and Secondary menu only
for the mobile site.

Neil