[support] Page with events at different locations

Ursula Pieper dramamezzo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 20:08:09 UTC 2011

I want to create a content type for events (concerts).

An individual concert production can potentially take place in different
locations (Friday in San Francisco, Saturday in Berkeley, basically same
concert).

Is it possible to associate in some way a date with a term reference (which
would be the location)? I envision an unlimited datetime entry that
associate with the location. I have problems wrapping my head around how to
achieve this, or how to solve the issue differently, but still
user-friendly.

One way I image would be using two content types:
The first for the general information for the concert, including a
term-reference that is distinct for this production.
The second for the datetime - location that also includes a term-reference
for this production.
The second content type would have a radio-button list for the production.

For the first one, I'd somehow need to make sure, that the term-reference is
not yet in use, and how would I do that (I am thinking in a database way -
first content type has a unique key, that corresponds to the second content
type's foreign key).

Is there a better - drupal - way?

Grateful for any comments, tips or pointers ...

Thanks, Ursula

(actually, just writing this made the task clearer for me, that's called
confessional debugging, I am still interested to hear whether I am missing
something, and how to ensure the unique term reference)