[support] Questions around 6.16 to 6.22 upgrade

Lev Lafayette lev at vpac.org
Thu Jul 21 05:34:05 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Hi Chris,

Hi Eljay,

> The easiest way to upgrade is to copy all files of D6.22 over your
> existing site, EXCEPT for the sites directory. Delete/remove this from
> your upgrade and everything will be fine.

Whilst this is true and will probably work as expected 99% of the time,
I have had experiences where such changes don't work as expected. And that
is not good.

This is what I consider to be a "sufficiently paranoid" approach. The core
principle is that you can back out of whatever changes you've made.

http://www.levlafayette.com/node/177

Hope this helps,

--
Lev Lafayette, Systems Administrator, Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing, lev at vpac.org
"If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context. This will make sure readers understand when they start to read your response."  RFC 1855