[support] Upgrading template from 5 to 7 problem

John Baldwin johnbaldwindrupal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 22:05:42 UTC 2011

I have moved a custom template from a Drupal 5 installation and added it to a bare bones Drupal 7 site.

I've run into a few issues, of course, but the most vexing for me right now is the inability to get the main content to show

render($page['content']); Doesn't produce any output.

Here's the line of code in the template file:

          <?php print render($page['content']); ?>

If I go to the user login page, for example, it doesn't show the form. I can get the tabs to show.

Doing a quick top-level dump of $page['content'] produces the following:

system_main => Array
#sorted => 1
#theme_wrappers => Array
#region => content