[support] update.php never finishes

Walt Daniels wdlists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 17:32:01 UTC 2011

The update step is not very good at handling errors. I just an upgrade to
7.7 and a bunch of other modules that also were overdue, one of which was
ctools.  It got an error trying to remove a directory. I had to back out of
the update, do the ctools upgrade the old way, download, ftp, run update. It
then took off and did the other pending ones as well.