[support] Community site

Marilyn Langfeld langfeldesigns at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 19:13:53 UTC 2011

Open Atrium is also based on OG, fyi.

Here's the thread on Common's modules' readiness for D7. Commons will be
ported as soon as feasible, with Acquia sponsoring an internship ( @IceCreamYou
) and other support to keep moving forward, still it looks like 3rd quarter
at the earliest.  See the new comments towards the bottom of the thread.
http://commons.acquia.com/wiki/migration-status-drupal-commons-modules

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Steve Karsch <steve at stevekarsch.com> wrote:

> Darius,
> Acquia Commons is actually based on Organic Groups, as is
> groups.drupal.org, so I think OG is a perfectly good answer for a
> community site.
> Thanks!
> Steve
>
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Darius Blaszyk
> <dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl> wrote:
> > Hi Ursula, Thanks for the hint. I will check this out.
> > I'm surprised no-one mentioned organic groups on this list. Does this
> mean
> > that OG is not really preferred to be used for community sites? I just
> > stumbled upon it, so I'm curious to find out.
> > Regards, Darius
> >
> > On Jul 27, 2011, at 7:40 PM, Ursula Pieper wrote:
> >
> > Emma Hogbin of Design-to-Theme has a great guide for setting up a
> community
> > site in Drupal7:
> > http://www.designtotheme.com/ (scroll down to SBE Community Site).
> >
> > It was developed for her fabulous site building extravaganza class.
> >
> > Ursula
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Darius Blaszyk <
> dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Some time ago I sent a mail to this list about setting up a community
> site
> >> with a number of groups and group pages. I got really helpful support at
> >> that time, but unfortunately it was all based on Aquia commons. I would
> >> really prefer to use Drupal 7 and therefore I'm asking again here. Is
> there
> >> a possibility (I'm sure there is) to setup a community site using D7.4?
> >>
> >> TIA, Darius
> >> --
> >> [ Drupal support list | http://lists.drupal.org/ ]
> >
> > --