[support] What is the largest Drupal site as far as the number of rows within the node table and how is the performance?

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Sat Jul 30 06:08:44 UTC 2011

I suspect that's because it's the easiest number available to define
"site size".  It just happens to be a particularly useless one. :-)

Expects anonymous hits/second and authenticated hits/second are far far
more useful metrics.  The next important consideration is site
complexity, which has no easily-measured value.  (How many views, how
complex they are, how many on one page, whether they're cacheable or
not, how often content will be updated, how many shared fields there
are, etc. all go into "complexity".)

Perhaps someone should make a practice of correcting that misconception
in the High Performance group. :-)

--Larry Garfield