[support] Error trying to install module in new site.

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Wed Jun 1 18:58:12 UTC 2011

Hello.

I need your help.

I guess that maybe it is a problem on my server
but could not find what it is or where it is the error.

I installed on another site, no upgrade this
time, just a fresh install using CPanel n a VPS server.

Immediately after installation I entered and
tried to install a new theme.... an received the following error:

ModulesModules.Error message•The specified file
temporary://filePzGcMt could not be copied,
because the destination directory is not properly
configured. This may be caused by a problem with
file or directory permissions. More information is available in the system log.

•http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/danland-7.x-1.0.tar.gz
could not be saved to temporary://update-cache/danland-7.x-1.0.tar.gz.

•Unable to retrieve Drupal project from
http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/danland-7.x-1.0.tar.gz.

ANy idea of what could wrong?

I guess the error could be on the server, but I
am not sure... maybe in each virtual
configuration of each domain.... any clue what in
"temporary://update-cache/danland-7.x-1.0.tar.gz." temporary means?

ANy help is REALLY appreciate it. I have spend
lot of time and can not find any clue of what to fix.

Jorge Biquez