[support] Error trying to install module in new site.

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 3 20:34:35 UTC 2011

Installing Drupal with Fantastico is really bad news!!! Learn to do it right; it is not much harder. Thos installation scripts are fine for the initial installation, but you cannot use them to upgrade from one release of Drupal to another.

The only choice I have seen besides cPanel is Virtualmin/Webmin. Between those two choices, I would choose cPanel in a heartbeat.

I am sure to get flamed for this, but I also have Drupal running just fine on shared hosting. These are low volume sites, to be sure. And the host is one of the few who actually limits how many accounts it allows on the box. Keep in mind that VPS is also a form of shared hosting, but with a guarantee.

In today's world, for higher volume sites, I would no longer choose VPS at all. I would either go with a dedicated box or cloud server.

Nancy