[support] Cloud pricing estimates

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 20:02:13 UTC 2011

> I am very interested also, here that technology will take time to gain
> confidence in clients but I woulld like to know more and be ready when that
> happens.
>
> Do you see it is really an advantage , actually to use it? I sure think that
> maybe you could have a better uptime on the servers since are several
> behind, but you can have that if you have a cluster of them....

I don't know what the big deal is with cloud hosting. I used one and
it cost a bit more than shared hosting and the performance was WORSE
than a certain shared host that I used.

It's not as though it's something new and different for a small or
medium site. Unless your site needs more resources than one dedicated
server, I don't see any advantage to the "cloud" where the idea is
that it can grow to multiple machines.

Unless I am missing something....

Fred