[support] Dynamically display menu items?

Joel Willers joel.willers at sigler.com
Tue Jun 7 20:57:25 UTC 2011

I'm suggesting that the menu is created by the view that I'm discussing.  You make it a 'block' view, and have the result be the menu.  The empty text is the alternate menu.

Then go to Blocks and find the view, and use this as the menu.

Joel

Joel, thanks for all the help. My view already works fine. I get an empty result if there was no project flagged bu the user, but the corresponding menu item is still displayed. I think i'm missing something. I don't see what you mean by:

"If there is no project for that user, then the View doesn't fire, so you create the menu in Empty Text area.  So one menu could be in Global:custom text, and the other in Empty Text."

Thanks again!

Toon